Equestrian activities in the Kingdom of An Tir
All-equestrians meeting at
12th Night -- join us
at 11 a.m. on Sunday, January 11 2015 in the "Umpqua" room.
(Valley River Inn, Eugene, OR)
Resources for getting started with equestrian activities
Welcome! If you are interested in getting started with equestrian activities, try the following:
- Check to see if a local branch near you has an equestrian officer. These people are great first points of contact and can help you get connected with others who share your interest.
- Check to see if there is a local equestrian practice happening near you.
- Check to see if there are any events with equestrian activities happening near you.
- Join the AnTir-Horse e-mail list, which we use to communicate.
Resources for event stewards
Are you the event steward planning an event that includes equestrian activities? The following will be useful to you:
- Make sure you have a senior equestrian marshal who will oversee equestrian activities as equestrian marshal in charge. Your EqMIC will help ensure that all of the paperwork is in place before the event, such as activating the mandatory equestrian insurance. Start with your closest equestrian officer if you need help finding a marshal.
- Find the equestrian waivers for your state or province.
- Find instructions for activating equestrian insurance for your event in the appendices to the An Tir Book of Horse.